Hunt arrangement- Goose hunt is held early in the morning, when the geese are going to eat on the fields. To ensure the success of the hunting, we use the decoys, which will be placed on the fields near to the camouflaged hide, so the geese would fly and land in the shooting distance. It is also helpful to use calling. The sound of a flock of geese approaching, will make the heart throb of anyone interested in wildfowling- indisputably it is the most beautiful bird hunting in the autumn.
We arrange the hunting for geese dependent on the migration of birds, in different regions of Estonia.
Each year, a large number of different Anseriformes migrates through Estonia.
Numerous migraters are:
- Bean Goose (Anser fabalis)- more than 60000 birds
- Greylag Goose (Anser anser)- more than 20000 birds
- Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons)- more than 75000 birds
- Canada goose (Branta canadensis)- more than 2000 birds
- Barnacle Goose (Branta leucopsis)- more than 110 000 birds